After the consumer trends a few days ago, here comes Pete Cashmore (founder of Mashable.com and definitely a guy who knows what he’s talking about) and presents his view of the top trends in the web for 2010:
- Real time web: the web experience (consumption & production) will become more and more instant
- Localization: Information in the web will be linked to local data and thereby open a whole new level for the internet
- Augmented reality: a layer between the real and the digital world will become platform for untold experiences
- Content curation: Be it your social graph or professional curators, filtering information is and becomes more and more crucial
- Cloud computing: data and even applications won’t stay on your computer much longer
- Internet TV & movies: this area of entertainment will more and more migrate to the web
- Convergence: why carry more than one device with you?
- Social gaming
- Mobile payments: as everything becomes digital and real time a proper solution for payments on the go will break through
- Fame abundance & privacy scarcity: What you wanna do when they come for you?
This email has been scanned for Virus infection by MessageLabs
Check out the article on CNN here: http://bit.ly/7QSGfl Cheers,
The contents of this email (and any attachments) are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and do not distribute, copy or disclose its contents. Thank you very much.